Anna Van Der Breggen, “old” GSG ambassador for having raced for years in the Dutch team Rabobank and already winner of the Giro 2017 and 2015, is the winner of the Giro Rosa 2020 and she manages to make a little “unexpected tris” due to the fall and retirement of the expected dominator Annemiek Van Vleuten.
In the other special rankings, the GSG White Jersey of the best young ended up on the shoulders of the Australian Mikayla Harvey, while the points ranking goes to the stainless Marianne Vos, who won also 3 stages, while the best climber shirt goes to the young Danish Cecilie Ludwig .
OVERALL CLASSIFICATION (TOP 5):
1. VAN DER BREGGEN Anna – Boels – Dolmans Cycling Team 26:25:43
2. NIEWIADOMA Katarzyna – Canyon SRAM Racing +1:14
3. LONGO BORGHINI Elisa – Trek-Segafredo Women+2:20
4. LUDWIG Cecilie Uttrup – FDJ Nouvelle Aquitaine Futuroscope +2:22
5. HARVEY Mikayla – Équipe Paule Ka +2:52
GIRO ROSA FINAL LEADERS:
Pink Jersey (Best Overall): VAN DER BREGGEN Anna (Boels Dolmans)
Purple Jersey (Best Sprint): VOS Marianne – CCC Liv
Green Jersey (Best Mountain): LUDWIG Cecilie Uttrup – FDJ Nouvelle Aquitaine Futuroscope
White Jersey (Best Young): HARVEY Mikayla – Équipe Paule Ka